tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Where do context end?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 12:10:21 GMT
You need a ResourceLink in your context. See the JNDI howto document.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Carlsson [mailto:roland@alfa-moving.se]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 1:51 AM
To: TomcatUsers
Subject: Where do context end?

Hi!

I encounterd what I thought to be a little curiosity this weekend. I
tried to call a GlobalNamingResource from a class that I'm using as
homegrown PersistenceManager, ie it doesn't have anything to do with the
webapplication except that it is packaged inside the webapp that uses
it.

I do the usual InitalContext and try to get the JNDI but it says that
comp:java isn't bound for this context.

If I try from the StrutsAction that is calling my class it works nice.
(cut
n'paste)

So, why can't I use the JNDI-lookup from my persistencemanager that runs
inside a web-app?

I apologize if this question belongs in a JNDI forum.

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson