tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject AW: can't run a simple servlet on tomcat5.5 server
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:58:52 GMT
Hi

> ... and placed in a folder called web-inf/classes and I have placed
sevlet.jar file in web-inf/lib folder.

First, to start read the docs.
Second, to start I would prefer a stable release, go back to 5.0.
Third, tomcats libs are fine where they are. Don't copy them, remove the
copies.
Fourth, your sentence seems to tell me, you made a packageless servlet. This
is not possible. Put your servlet in a package and put the compiled class
file in matching subfolder of web-inf/classes.
Fifth, I hope it is WEB-INF/classes instead of web-inf/classes.
Sixth, did you map your servlet?

Regards,
  Steffen