tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Multiple Instances Tomcat Installer
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:36:50 GMT
> From: Wolfgang Hackl [mailto:wolf.hackl@inode.at]
> To be serious, I am of the opinion that the Tomcat project can benefit
> from an application that helps Administrators with installation and
> management of multiple Tomcat instances (which is a superset of MITI's
> features).

Yes please!  We have an extra requirement - we have multiple
*developers* running separate Tomcat instances on the same box.  We want
to ensure that they can run a Tomcat instance from their own filestore,
but without the ports colliding.  They may not all have root access on
the box.

Any thoughts as to whether MITI could help with this?

		- Peter