tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anderson, M. Paul" <Paul.Ander...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: org.apache.catalina.connector.Request
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:17:05 GMT
I am creating a custom realm because I want to take advantage of
Tomcat's implementation to prevent users from accessing some
directories.  The only real addition I'm adding to the realm is storing
passwords using a salted hashing scheme so I'm only overriding the
authenticate method although I'd like access to the request object to
redirect when necessary.

In the CVS browser I only saw revisions relating to Tomcat 5 - it wasn't
obvious to me which version was for Tomcat 4.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Funk [mailto:funkman@joedog.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 7:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: org.apache.catalina.connector.Request

In the cvs browser, you can view by a specific tag. From there you can
easily
determine which revision is associated with which version.

Next - it will probably be much easier to not use container based
authentication based on your requirements. Servlet Filters would
probably be
much easier.

As for the java imports, importing a class and importing a source file
are 2
totally different actions.

-Tim