tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Chad Maniccia" <>
Subject RE: Response and file downloads
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 00:14:36 GMT
IE 4 made Netscape 4 look like a piece of crap. It was light-years

I'm getting the impression that the other browsers have caught up but I
refuse to develop for them unless made to.

Have the other browsers caught up with ease and power of their
Do any of them have an XMLHTTP equivalent?
Do they share a common DOM?

I hate writing cross browser code. Supporting multiple browsers is like
having to test and write every application in Java, VB, and C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank W. Zammetti []
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2004 5:29 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Response and file downloads

It *is* possible that Mozilla now supports iFrames, I haven't kept up
with it's development.  I do know for sure that they were originally an
IE-only extension, so if Mozilla does support it, it represents a very
rare case of Microsoft leading the pack :)

I'm not sure about the object tag idea... I've never seen it used that
way but that certainly doesn't mean it won't work.   My understanding is

that it embeds content in a page that is recognized by one plug-in or
another... I suspect it wouldn't help in this case, but I could be

Now, if there is a way that I don't know about to target a layer, that
could do the trick.

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies