tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Sims" <KS...@msjcorp.com>
Subject RE: How might I read docBase into my application
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:00:21 GMT
Thank you both!  I think that for my purposes -- URL formation --
request.getContextPath() will work best.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Boyer [mailto:David@bvu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 8:39 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org; Ken Sims
Subject: Re: How might I read docBase into my application

application.getRealPath("/")

This should return the full filesystem path to the root of your current
web application (e.g. context). I believe this should be the value
represented by docBase in your context config.

>>> KSims@msjcorp.com 11/16/2004 8:35:55 AM >>>

Can anyone tell me how I can obtain the value of docBase from my
application's (JSP) context?  I would like to use it to help me form
hrefs for my pages -- I would just use relative pathing except I am
trying to manage which pages use HTTPS and which use HTTP and I would
rather not hard-code them.

It seems not to be in the application attributes or InitParameters. Also
not in the pageContext attributes nor the config InitParams.