tomcat-users mailing list archives

From LERBSCHER Jean-Pierre <jean-pierre.lerbsc...@cofiroute.fr>
Subject RE : Clustering and Load balancing
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:56:07 GMT
You have to follow the rules included in the document
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/cluster-howto.html )
. All your session attributes must implement java.io.Serializable
. Uncomment the Cluster element in server.xml
Define multicast address and port for your cluster communication (for
cluster heart beat).
Define tcp parameter (tcpListenAddress/tcpListenport) for each host of your
cluster (for session replication).
. Uncomment the Valve(ReplicationValve) element in server.xml
. If your Tomcat instances are running on the same machine, make sure the
tcpListenPort attribute is unique for each instance.
. Make sure your web.xml has the <distributable/> element
Use, for example, Apache and the native connector JK to implement the load
balancing.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Vinayagam [mailto:vinayagam@neosoft-tec.com]
Envoyé : mercredi 10 novembre 2004 05:41
À : Tomcat Users List
Cc : tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Clustering and Load balancing

Hi All!

Can any one help me abt clustering and Loadbalancing using Tomcat 5.0/later.

We have an application, Which is run on Tomcat 4.0.

Now we are going to run this application in Tomcat 5.0.

Also we are going to implements the clustering technology to our appl.

So that i need som help, How to do this.

Thanx & Regards
Vinayagam