tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shilpa Nalgonda" <snalgo...@mypublisher.com>
Subject Tomcat not starting...Tomcat4.1.30
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:06:30 GMT
Hi My Tomcat instance is so badly messed up , i am not able to start it...at
all...while i was redeploying my app , it gave me some email related classes
not found error...so i copied all the relevant jar into Tomcat/common/lib
directory...Then it gave me some other other, so to eliminate the problem, i
removed those jars from common/lib and thats it..from then on Tomcat is not
starting...nothing in logs...and says exception starting up...i tried so
many things but the console is not coming up...I just dowmloaded new Tomcat
version in other diretory, did not uninstall the old one , even the new
Tomcat is coming up.. do i have to uninstall the old one before the new
install?...i am afraid that i loose all my old stuff.