tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shilpa Nalgonda" <snalgo...@mypublisher.com>
Subject RE:how to set encoding parameter in Tomcat4...
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:48:07 GMT
Hi,

I am working on an application which has international clients like Japan,
Europe etc.,
Our java Application is using Tomcat4, XmlRPC and Oracle database. This
application will insert the international characters in database.  But the
inserted data is all garbage and is inserted as '????'.  Initially i thought
the problem is in the database layer, but i found out that problem is not in
that layer.  The request sent by the client is in Unicode, encoding is
UTF-8.  But when the request is printed in the XmlRPC, it is getting
garbage.  And XMLRPC encoding is set to UTF-8 in the application.  So there
might be some place in tomcat where i should set the encoding.  Can anyone
suggest me how to do that and give me any other suggestions.

And also i am testing this both on my local PC Tomcat instance and on Linux
box.  Same code is being executed on both instances, but the behaviour is
different, on My PC instance i see that some of the field are encoded right,
but on Unix, evrything is inserted as ????.  Both instances point to same
database and XMLRpc lib is same and Tomcat versions are same.
I am definitely missing something here.  can someone please help....