tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Didier McGillis" <codesmo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion - upgrade scripts.
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:26:42 GMT
I would agree with this from most applications both open source and
commercial license software they will provide infromation on how to upgrade
and new features, and of course the software, but its still up to those
maintaining their sites that are using the software to do the upgrading and
test and to fix any errors that may crop up due to differences from one
version to the next.  One upgrade we did was where the company changes
significently the javascript processor embedded in the system, so if you
developed the site in JavaScript Pages instead of JavaServer Pages, guess
what, you had a lot of work to do.  BTW we learned that information from
other developers and connections we had in their online community, not from
the company itself.