tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "epyonne" <epyo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: can any one suggest me port number! 8080 is already used by Oracle9i's http server
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:42:52 GMT
Just pick any other 4 digit number. You don't have to use 8080.

-----Original Message-----
From: Raasi Potluri [mailto:potluri_raasi@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 6:38 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: can any one suggest me port number! 8080 is already used by
Oracle9i's http server

Dear Friends, Many thanks to read this email. well I
have installed Oracle 9i database on my PC and it has
got its own Apache Http server at port 8080, by
default. Now I'm trying to install Tomcat5.0.28
version and installation process gives me port number
conflict please tell me what shall I do, anybody
suggest me any other port number where I can install
Tomcat bcoz i dont want to amend the oracle's usage of
port 8080, regards, Raasi,