tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Acácio Furtado Costa <Acac...@magnesita.com.br>
Subject wrong time in Java Applications to my location (new Date())
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:23:28 GMT
Hi  everybody

            We have a Tom Cat application Server 5.0.19 running in a Windows 2003 with a Sun
JDK 1.4.2.

            We are having problems with  time of our Applications . The time is correct under
SO but we have 3 hours of difference in the applications (+3).

Our offset time is Brasilia -3:00 in the Windows 2003 and Regional settings is Portuguese,
Brazil.

The method TO GET SYSTEM TIME is new Date()

Any suggestion, How we setup server parameters or application (JVM) parameters to solve this
problem?

Thanks a lot in advance

Acacio Furtado Costa
Pesquisa e Tecnologia