tomcat-users mailing list archives

From VAN DER MARLIERE FREDERIC <frederic.van_der_marli...@cdn.fr>
Subject RE : Problems with datasource/DB Connection
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:33:06 GMT
Hi,

I guess you downloaded the archive file mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga.zip
and unzipped it on your hard drive.
So go to  the directory mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga and you'll find the
archive mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar, which contains the driver
class you want to use.
Note that it also contains the driver class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, which is
the official MySQL Connector/J driver.

Hope this helped.

Fred.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : bEn Fries [mailto:Develin@gmx.de]
Envoyé : mardi 30 novembre 2004 10:54
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Re: Problems with datasource/DB Connection

Hi!

My tomcat version is "Apache Tomcat/5.0.28",  I haven't put any drivers
in to tomcat/common/lib as I used a tomcat ready WAMP installation  and
as I had a look into the directory there were no file that would remind
me of databases in general or mysql.

So I searched the internet a bit and found mysql connector. Now I
downloaded
Connector/J 3.0 from the mysql website and added the jar files I found
in the file
(jdbc2_0-stdext.jar, jta-spec1_0_1.jar ) into tomcat/common/lib

Was this what you meant with drivers or did I miss sth else?

The error didn't change still

DB connection was not aquired.
(Cannot load JDBC driver class 'org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver')

Thank you very much  for your help!

Ben

Allistair Crossley schrieb:

>Can you supply Tomcat version. Also, have you put your mySQL drivers
>JAR into tomcat/common/lib?
>
>Cheers, Allistair

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et etablis
a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite.Tout message electronique est susceptible
d'alteration.
Le CREDIT DU NORD et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il
a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
This message and any attachments ( the "message") are confidential and intended solely for
the addressees.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither CREDIT DU NORD nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message
if altered, changed or falsified.