tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Requirements?
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:06:51 GMT

Hi,

>On a P4 2.4 with 1GB of RAM Tomcat is very happy!

You missed my (and others') main point.  It's not just Tomcat that's
"happy" or "unhappy."  You have to consider the overall combination:
that includes the database engine, the OS-level stuff (other processes,
such as scheduled tasks and RAID-related tasks), and any other
applications running on the system.  Tomcat by itself is very "happy"
with a system such as your client's, but you're not running Tomcat by
itself...

Yoav

>Thanks
>
>On Monday 29 November 2004 12:53 pm, Peter Lin wrote:
>> that would depend on what kind of application it is.
>>
>> without more info, like does it hit a database, is the database
hosted
>> on the same system or does the application get remote data it's going
>> to be hard for others to provide good recommendations.
>>
>> peter
>>

>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:43:07 -0700, Chris Cherrett
>>
>> <stuff@trackingsolutions.ca> wrote:
>> > I have a client who is claiming that my software is slowing down. I
>> > cannot determine why this would be. He is running the following:
>> >
>> > P3 - 450 with 360MB of RAM
>> > with 2 IDE - 7200 RPM drives mirrored Raid 1 with Win2k
>> >
>> > I have found that any client running a faster system works great.
Do