tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Multipe Tomcat instances
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:53:20 GMT

Hi,
I do it this way all the time.  The biggest pro is complete separation.
If one app gets whacky (heavy load, OutOfMemoryError, malicious attack),
others are not affected at all.  If one app needs to be upgraded or a
bug fix shipped, or its server restarted, again, others are not affected
at all.

Cons include inability to run these apps on the same port (this can be
overcome by putting a common front end, which I usually do with another
Tomcat running only the balancer app), and increased
monitoring/maintenance needed (which again can be mitigated with tools
like nagios).

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

Tomcat