tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Disadvantages to using unpackWARs="false"?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:08:51 GMT

>Does anyone know if there are disadvantages to setting
>What I'm wondering is if it then has to uncompress the .war file
>resource is accessed thus causing a performance hit?

We don't uncompress the file on every resource request ;)  That'd be
fairly awful design.  In fact, even with unpackWARs set to true, the WAR
may still be unpacked by Tomcat *in its work directory* for internal
use.  It just means it won't be unpacked in the webapps directory, and
therefore redeployment is easier.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: