tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Disadvantages to using unpackWARs="false"?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:08:51 GMT

Hi,

>Does anyone know if there are disadvantages to setting
unpackWARs="false"?
>What I'm wondering is if it then has to uncompress the .war file
everytime
>resource is accessed thus causing a performance hit?

We don't uncompress the file on every resource request ;)  That'd be
fairly awful design.  In fact, even with unpackWARs set to true, the WAR
may still be unpacked by Tomcat *in its work directory* for internal
use.  It just means it won't be unpacked in the webapps directory, and
therefore redeployment is easier.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com