tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlet problem with Tomcat
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:48:47 GMT

Hi,
The question is where the MX4J jar IS, and where is it EXPECTED to be by
this com.jario library.  If the two are different, that's why you're
getting the error.  Specifically, it looks like com.jario is looking for
MX4J in the context classloader.  In Tomcat, MX4J is on the bootstrap
classloader.  The two are different...

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager
>-
>registerJMXConnector() ReflectionException ex
>javax.management.ReflectionException: The MBean class could not be
loaded
>by the
>context classloader
>        at
>com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.loadClass(MBeanInstantiat
orIm
>pl.java:432)
>        at
>com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClass(MBeanInstantiat
orIm
>pl.java:72)
>        at
>com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(Defau
ltMB
>eanServerInterceptor.java:279)
>        at
>com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(Defau
ltMB
>eanServerInterceptor.java:227)
>        at
>com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.createMBean(JmxMBeanServer.java:
354)
>        at
>com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager.registerJMXConnector(JMXManager.java:88
)
>        at com.jario.server.jmx.JMXManager.startJMX(JMXManager.java:67)
>        at
>com.jario.server.connection.ServerContextListener.contextInitialized(Se
rver
>ContextListener.java:65)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.
java
>:3212)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:355
4)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
ava:
>774)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:760)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:548)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
yer.
>java:260)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:741)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:445)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:353)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:671)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:3
11)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
uppo
>rt.java:119)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1149)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:707)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1141)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:316)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450
)
>        at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2143)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:463)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:350)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:129)
>        at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
va:3
>9)
>        at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
rImp
>l.java:25)
>        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:156)