tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat crashing
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:30:14 GMT

Hi,
This exception is first of all not fatal, and secondly usually indicates
a client closed the browser (and therefore the output sink, from
Tomcat's perspective) while Tomcat is still writing output to it.  You
can STFA for more details if you'd like.

IF your Tomcat really is crashing, it's not due to a single error like
this.  It might be your network is messed up, causing many of these
errors.  Or something else is wrong, and this is the more likely case.
Try Tomcat-Standalone first for testing.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
>        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.send(Ajp13.java:525)
>        at
org.apache.ajp.RequestHandler.finish(RequestHandler.java:495)
>        at org.apache.ajp.Ajp13.finish(Ajp13.java:395)
>        at
>org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Response.finishResponse(Ajp13Response.java:
196)