tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Rotating catalina.out with Webmin
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:28:09 GMT

Hi,
As usual, the advice is also to minimize System.out logging.  If you
can't modify the app code using System.out logging, add
swallowOutput="true" to your context declaration to make System.out go
to the Loggers defined in Tomcat's server.xml.  Those are automatically
rotated for you.

(Note this all applies to Tomcat 5.0.x and older, not to 5.5 and newer)

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com