tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Setting the directory under "work"
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:21:30 GMT

Hi,
The work directory is where Tomcat stores its work products.  Examples
for this include serialized sessions, compiled JSPs, and potentially
other files.  The work directory is broken into subdirectories for the
engine ("Standalone" is the default engine name for Tomcat Standalone:
see your server.xml), host ("localhost" is the default), and app path.

When using Embedded Tomcat, if configured properly it will automatically
do the right stuff with the work directory.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com