tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Logging problem under Tomcat 5.0
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:15:05 GMT

Hi,

>do need it.  In any event, I don't like the log level changing without
>knowing why & without explicitly allowing it (tho' by deploying some
jar
>or war, I've effectively ok'd it).

Yeah, maybe it's what you put in parentheses above, or maybe it's
something else, but things don't just change by themselves ;)

>Any suggestions on an easy way to track down the culprit or prevent
some
>random process of jacking up the default log level?

Define "default" in the above sentence?

>BTW -  tomcat/conf/log4j.properties is still reasonable & I've found
>nothing unusual in tomcat/conv/server.xml .

Does tomcat/conf/log4j.properties assign a level to org.apache loggers?
If not, it should.  If it worked before without doing this, you were
lucky.  Add something like logger.org.apache = WARN and you'll be all
set.

Yoav