tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Configuration Management, JSP Recompiles, War Files
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:07:00 GMT

One great way to approach production setups for Tomcat is one webapp per
Tomcat instance.  Restarts are then quick and easy, and no matter what
this one webapp does (OutOfMemoryErrors, malicious code, etc.) it can't
affect others you have running around because they're in a different
JVM.  The ease of setting up Tomcat standalone makes this not just
feasible, but probably recommended over a many webapps per Tomcat
instance setup.

Yoav Shapira

View raw message