tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Bind Tomcat to one IP address on multiple IP machine
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:59:07 GMT

Hi,

>My computer has multiple IP addresses assigned to it
>and I'd like Tomcat to only listen on one of those
>addresses.
>
>I've scoured the documentation on the server.xml
>config file and the closest thing I can find is the
>tcpListenAddress of a cluster element.  However, it
>seems to me that I shouldn't have to get that
>complicated.

It's this kind of post that really discourages me ;(

As the connector doc
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/http.html)
clearly says, right at the top of the attributes section:
Attribute Description
address For servers with more than one IP address, this attribute
specifies which address will be used for listening on the specified
port. By default, this port will be used on all IP addresses associated
with the server.

Yoav