tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: so confused: compiling tomcat without cvs update?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:58:21 GMT

Hi,
If you're going to do this, you might want to learn CVS a tiny bit
better ;)  You need a space between the -r and the actual tag, e.g. "-r
TOMCAT_5_0_28" ;)

If you look at build.xml, there's a property called cvstag I added a
while ago just for your use-case ;)  Set it (either in build.xml or
build.properties, preferably the latter) and it will be applied.  This
is obviously better than modifying the ant checkout/update tasks
themselves.

When you're grabbing from CVS without a tag, you're getting CVS HEAD,
which right now is 5.5.4+.  The Tomcat 5.0 stuff is on its own branch
(TOMCAT_5_0, also usable as a tag).

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com

tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org