tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:59:52 GMT

Hi,

><Context path="/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes"
docBase="ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/JITS"

I really doubt you mean these.  The context path attribute is the URL
path used by browsers to retrieve your web pages, i.e.
http://yourhost:yourport/path.  It's not a filesystem path.

The context docBase is the root of your webapp.  It should point to a
directory which has a WEB-INF subdirectory containing web.xml.
Therefore, I'm guessting your docBase is just "ROOT" and your path is
"".  Drop the Web-INF/classes part from both.

>   <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
>
>              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
>
>              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@newton.sheridanc.on.ca:1522:DB2"
>
>              username="jits" password="mypassword" maxActive="20"
>maxIdle="10"
>
>              maxWait="-1"/>

This looks reasonable.

><ResourceParams name="jdbc/myoracle">

As Allistair pointed out and the docs explain, this is no longer needed
in Tomcat 5.5, and should be removed.

>org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC
driver
>of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Where is your JDBC driver file?  In common/lib or WEB-INF/lib?  It
should be the former if you're using DBCP this way.  The latter would
work using the primitive DriverManager approach and fail with DBCP.

Yoav Shapira http://www.yoavshapira.com