tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale, Matt" <Matt.D...@beCogent.com>
Subject RE: Analysing dead threads
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:47:52 GMT

kill -SIGHUP or kill -3 should dump a stack trace into catalina.out.

A profiler should also tell you what the threads are up to.

Ta
Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Steffen Heil [mailto:lists@steffen-heil.de]
Sent: 15 November 2004 13:42
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Analysing dead threads

Hi

I have a situation, where a lot of threads seem to stop working right in
my
servlet.
>From debug output, I know they entered the servlet but never leave it.

My problem is that this never occurs on our development system, but only
on
the production system.
I need to stop tomcat end even do a "killall -9 java" to get everything
stop. Then I restart tomcat.

But I don't know what happened.
I know there is a way to kill the JVM, so that I see the stack trace of
kill
threads.
How can I do it?
(Is there another way to see what those threads are waiting for?)

Regards,
  Steffen