tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sailing Cai <sailing...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange Problem!: Connection time out while using URLConnection connect method
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:06:06 GMT
I think you may check you IP setting.
You run tomcat in command prompt ,jvm binging your ip;but in windows
service it may binding 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

I guess it^_^

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:36:32 GMT, vignesh@mymcsb.com <vignesh@mymcsb.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am posting this again. Please help.
>
> Thanks.

to connect and call a servlet deployed in it from another java program running on another
machine using using URLConnection connect method.

> But when I run tomcat server from windows services, the client program is not able to
call the deployed servlet and throws the below exception at the line where connect method
is invoked.

> java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
>
> Has anyone else faced this strange problem. The only difference is in the way tomcat
server has been started. When started in command prompt there are no problems in connecting
to the server and calling the servlet deployed in it! I need to badly get this working when
tomcat is started as a windows service.