tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Foisy" <Luc.Fo...@technical-magic.com>
Subject Response and file downloads
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:42:21 GMT
I am having a wee problem with using the response.

I have a form on a page, with a submit button to download a file. That file is being pulled
from a database and pushed to the response.
The problem I am having, I just used that response to submit the page, so I am getting and
IllegalStateException, even though it is still pushing the file to the browswer
I also want to be able to send a redirect after the file is downloaded (so I can refresh the
page so the form submit page is regenerated, since we are using a string to determine unique
submits are only coming from the pages we generated, and not the browser address bar)

Can we get a new response from the session variable (the one available to jsp writing) to
send the file, then get another new response to perform a redirect....
Basically I want to be able to do something like

the form submits, and passes to the applications perform methods through the jsp catching
the submit
response = new Response
response.sendFile
response = new Response
response.sendRedirect
(yes I know those are not actual methods and classes, just trying to explain what I want)

If I am not explaining this well, please ask (I know its a lousy explaination)

Luc