tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hubble, Christopher" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat JRE vs JDK Issue
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:56:08 GMT
Thanks for the info.  It looks like I won't need the JDK after all.  One
last question.  How do I get TC to not blow up about using a JRE?  Can I
just comment out the lines checking for javac.exe, or will that break other

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav []
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat JRE vs JDK Issue

>How does one precompile the JSPs?  Then I should be able to use TC with

>a JRE, correct?  Once TC is deployed, there should not be any need for
>changes to it, so it's fine to precompile the JSPs.

That depends on your scenario.  If only deploy once and ship, then yeah.
But if you (or your users, or your server admin) can change JSPs after
shipping the app, you still need the JDK.  Tomcat supports a very wide
variety of use-cases.  Now that you know more than enough about JDK vs
JRE you should be able to make the call given your user requirements ;)

sender.  Thank you.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: