tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hubble, Christopher" <CHRISTOPHER.L.HUB...@saic.com>
Subject RE: SSL Not working properly
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:28:38 GMT
Oh, and your keystoreFile parameter is misspelled as well.  You have
keystrore.  It should be keystore. :)

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com [mailto:birendar.waldiya@tcs.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2004 2:42 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: SSL Not working properly

Hi,
I have done everything to implement SSL on tomcat as described in  SSL HOW
-TO ..
 i have placed my kestore file in the Tomcat home directory and as
metioned in  the path in server.xml
but i am still  getting  error
please help???

[ERROR] Http11Protocol - -Error initializing endpoint
<java.io.IOException: Keys
tore was tampered with, or password was incorrect>java.io.IOException:
Keystore
was tampered with, or password was incorrect
        at
sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:737)
        at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:608)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore(JSSESocket
Factory.java:313)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getKeystore(JSSESoc
ketFactory.java:261)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE13SocketFactory.init(JSSE13Socket
Factory.java:129)

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization
failed: jav
a.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.io.IOException
: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.
java:1231)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
ava:579)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
a:2246)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)

[...]

my server.xml is as follow :

 <!-- Define a non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout
value
     to 0 -->

    <!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443 -->

               enableLookups="true"
           acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="true"
keystroreFile="c:\birendar\mykey.keystore" keystrorePass="changeit"
protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

Birendar Singh Waldiya
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: birendar.waldiya@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Koon Yue Lam <kisstech@gmail.com>
11/11/2004 12:38 PM

Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
How to secure my webapp under Tomcat?

Hi, I have developed a webapp using Tomcat and MySQL

Now I DON'T want my client browse my JSPs, servlets and database
structure etc ......

I want the entire webapp (and database) deployed only by me and not by
others.

Is there any methods that I can secure my webapp to ensure my client
won't deploy it to somewhere else by someone else??

Regards

ForwardSourceID:NT0000327A

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and
solely for the addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and
for the exclusive use of the said addressed individual or entity indicated
in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person)
and may contain legally privileged and confidential information belonging to
Tata Consultancy Services Limited. It must not be printed, read, copied,
disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any
person other than the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is
strictly prohibited and may constitute unlawful act and can possibly attract
legal action, civil and/or criminal. The contents of this message need not
necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata Consultancy Services
limited on any subject matter.
  Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely
at your risk and neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy
Services Limited takes any responsibility or liability towards the same.
Opinions, conclusions and any other information contained in this message
that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services
limited shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata
Consultancy Services Limited or any affiliate of Tata Consultancy Services
Limited. If you have received this message in error,  you should destroy
this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail.
 Thank you.