tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV-Servlet with Contexts different from FileDirContext
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:18:48 GMT
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:47:48 -0000, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Not quite talking to yourself but what with timezones and day jobs and all that
> it isn't always possible to reply quickly. ;)
>
> I am not sure of the level of interest in this but people have taken the trouble
> to write bug reports and it does crop up reasonably often on the lists
> considering its size.
>
> If you want to enhance the webdav servet I would be happy to look at your
> patches and apply them as appropriate. There is however, one caveat. I don't
> want the webdav servlet to become a source of bloat so it is important that it
> remains lean - ideally in a single servlet.

I like it a lot better as a simple servlet, actually ;)

About the no-propatch: the idea is that the filesystem support for
this would require some extra complexity, which I ruled out. Since
most people would use the filesystem, the feature becomes sort of
bloat.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat