tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <remy.mauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory errors compiling JSPs on 5.0.16 and 5.5.4
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:24:06 GMT
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:17:28 -0800, Kevin A. Burton
<burton@newsmonster.org> wrote:
> - For all my JSPs I fetch them with the URL foo.jsp?jsp_precompile=true
> to trigger precompilation

How many JSPs must be compiled to cause problems ?

> Note that the VM still shows plenty of memory so I'm not sure what the
> heck is going on here.  I also looked at our file handles and they seem
> fine too.

In that kind of situation, a profiler will have to be used. All I can
tell right now is that it has nothing to do with the Java compilation,
which is not very surprising.

For really large web applications, I think you should precompile as
many JSPs as possible anyway, as a JSP compiled dynamically will
always use more resources (even if there is no bug in Jasper).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat