tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohamed Rafi S <sirajudd...@apple.com>
Subject Error while trying to start the Embedded Tomcat Server:
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:26:47 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to have a Embedded Tomcat Server. I got the examples to do
so from the web, and modified the code, so that my Tomcat server is
embedded along with the Web Application.

However, when I run the Embedded Tomcat class, it, I am getting the
following error:

StandardManager[/TestApp]: Seeding of random number generator has been
completed
StandardWrapper[/TestApp:default]: Loading container servlet default
StandardWrapper[/TestApp:default]: Marking servlet default as
unavailable
StandardContext[/TestApp]: Servlet /TestApp threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:865)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:776)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3363)

I have attached the Embedded Tomcat java source file as well.

What am I missing in this ? Any solution or pointers to why this is
occurring are most welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Mohamed Rafi S