tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: jdbc via ResourceLink in context.xml not working in 5.5.4
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:12:39 GMT
Hi Jeff,

If everything is setup the exact way it was ni 5.0.28 that will be your problem. There is
a slightly new format for how to define your datasources that looks like this.

  <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeDB" auth="Container"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="dbusername" password="dbpassword"
            driverClassName="org.hsql.jdbcDriver" url="jdbc:HypersonicSQL:database"
            maxActive="8" maxIdle="4"/>

If as you say this is in global resources, then then in your webapp.xml file in conf/Catalina/localhost
you should have your ResourceLink pointed at it.

Don't forget to check out the manual for 5.5 at http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/

All the best, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software