tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:28:23 GMT
actually that may also be the jdbc connectivity ;) you are sure your database listener is operational?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ed Sykes [mailto:esykes001@cogeco.ca]
	Sent: Mon 15/11/2004 18:04
	To: Tomcat Users List
	Subject: Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

	Hi Allistair,

	Thank you very much for helping.

	Here's my revised server.xml :

	<Context docBase="/ROOT" reloadable="true">

	   <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
	              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
	driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
	              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@newton.sheridanc.on.ca:1522:DB2"
	              username="jits" password="testing" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
	              maxWait="-1"/>

	    </Context>

	it is located inside   the <Host>  </Host>  tag

	Unfortunately, Tomcat responds with:

	SEVERE:  Catalina.stop:

	etc.

	and doesn't start.

	Just to make things clear here is the location of the important stuff:

	my JDBC files:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\common\lib

	my server.xml:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\conf

	my web app:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\JITS

	the web app web.xml file:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF

	Thanks,
	Ed Sykes