tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:27:35 GMT
it's looking better but this error is interesting. Are you using an API like validator that
tries to connect out of an internal corporate network? have you got any more stack trace that
what you provided?

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Ed Sykes [mailto:esykes001@cogeco.ca]
	Sent: Mon 15/11/2004 18:04
	To: Tomcat Users List
	Subject: Re: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

	Hi Allistair,

	Thank you very much for helping.

	Here's my revised server.xml :

	<Context docBase="/ROOT" reloadable="true">

	   <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
	              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
	driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
	              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@newton.sheridanc.on.ca:1522:DB2"
	              username="jits" password="testing" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
	              maxWait="-1"/>

	    </Context>

	it is located inside   the <Host>  </Host>  tag

	Unfortunately, Tomcat responds with:

	SEVERE:  Catalina.stop:

	etc.

	and doesn't start.

	Just to make things clear here is the location of the important stuff:

	my JDBC files:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\common\lib

	my server.xml:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\conf

	my web app:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\JITS

	the web app web.xml file:
	C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF

	Thanks,
	Ed Sykes