tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject Not a "usual" JK2 / IIS config question! Relates to localhost resolution/multiple IPs
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:28:34 GMT
Hi All,

We are having trouble with the JK2 Connector with regards to a particular IIS web server.
We have IIS 5 - JK2 - Tomcat 5.0.28 setup just fine on our developer local machines and internal
intranet servers. In these situations the reference to "localhost" resolves perfectly ok to
the default IIS website on port 80.

In the case of the external servers where we are trying to setup this IIS JK2 we are receiving
"Handle is invalid". However, on this server there are several observations

1. localhost does not resolve to port 80 but rather insists that only HTTPS should be used.

2. there are multiple IPs in play on this server.

3. JK2 debug logging reveals the following:

Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (252)]: HttpFilterProc started
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (308)]: In HttpFilterProc Virtual Host redirection of 192.168.100.15
: 80
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (420)]: HttpFilterProc [/] is not a servlet url
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (429)]: HttpFilterProc check if [/] is pointing to the web-inf directory
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (252)]: HttpFilterProc started
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (308)]: In HttpFilterProc Virtual Host redirection of 192.168.100.15
: 443
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (420)]: HttpFilterProc [/] is not a servlet url
Debug: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (429)]: HttpFilterProc check if [/] is pointing to the web-inf directory

I should mention that the same workers2.properties is being used on this troubled configuration
as on the working internal servers. There is not much going on either...just

# Setup the Windows application logging for the ISAPI filter
[logger.win32]
level=DEBUG

# Communication channel settings
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
host=localhost
port=8009

# Shared Memory file settings
[shm]
file=c:/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28/conf/jk2.shm
size=100000

# Declare a Tomcat worker and assign it the above declared communication channel
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009

# URI mappings for jsp-example web application context
# Requests for any web component (indicated by the wild card *) are dispatched to Tomcat
[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
info=Mapping for jsp-examples context of Tomcat

Your help/direction appreciated! ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055