tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.4, Logging and the death of my friend localhost_log
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:37:10 GMT
I think you hit the nail on the head with the problem being people use System.out to log.
I suppose it's the lesser of 2 evils .. should Tomcat's internal logging setup continue to
support bad web application setup, or does it try to move forward like 5.5 is doing.

Put simply, if you want per-web application logging, you need per-web application log4j configuration.
It's very easy to do but I do understand that those using System.out will have to spend time
refactoring. But they can stay on their <= 5.0 versions.

It's just 5.5 that moves away from this, so your decision I suppose.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474