tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Database Pooling
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:15:20 GMT
application-server-managed database pools are great, they take all the work out of writing
your own pooling implementation, and are normally better at it too. furthermore you get to
label the pool in a generic way so that your application only needs to acquire the JNDI context
and pluck out the datasource (which returns connections). the way in which database pools
are setup inside the application server will be app-server specific, but the major players
out there (bea, jboss, tomcat) all have the ability to do so. it's a no-brainer for j2ee web
applications of yuor mid-sized nature I think.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474