tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.4 / Context not responding - Test example webapp
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:02:07 GMT
Hi,

Yep, I had read those but it does not mention that you do *not* delete ROOT anymore like you
did in previous version of Tomcat and that you are supposed to also name the XML config file
to ROOT. I've used Tomcat from version 3, and so I found this counter to previous experience
with Tomcat configuration.

I also find that these types of feature changes slip by because the configuration pages are
divided up quite a lot and it is difficult to spot these subleties. I would find a page that
caters for a basic setup with the new version for a basic web application deployed from root
+ data sources quite helpful and I am happy to write this either as a blog on my site, or
as an addition to the Tomcat docs .. whatever is most useful.

Cheers, Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055