tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.4 and Deferred IIS NTLM Authentication
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:09:29 GMT
Hi,

OK, apart from my logging problem, the only other main issue appears to be that Tomcat is
no longer receiving a populated request.getRemoteUser value.
In Tomcat 5.0 series, we had to add the following line to jk2.properties

request.tomcatAuthentication=false

In order to instruct Tomcat to allow the web server (IIS) to pass through the NTLM-detected
user name.

Has anything changed (seems like it has as I only replaced the working tomcat 5.0.28 installation
with 5.5.4 with no other interference)?

Cheers, Allistair

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software