tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.4, Logging and the death of my friend localhost_log
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:35:09 GMT
Hey Yoav,

tomcat/common/classes/log4j.properties as follows

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina=DEBUG

This was pretty much just copied from the link on the Tomcat Logging FAQ except I changed
the log level and also

log4j.logger.org.apache

log4j.logger.org.apache.catalina

I will try to add a file based appender...

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software
Registered in England: No 2582055