tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pawson, David" <David.Paw...@rnib.org.uk>
Subject RE: What's a sealing violation please?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:03:20 GMT
 Thanks for the reply Jon.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Jon Wingfield
    It's part of the core java security model. If a package is
    sealed within a jar then packages of the same name cannot
    be defined in another jar, or elsewhere on the classpath.

    Within the manifest file of the jar file which is being
    loaded by your putpr servlet you'll probably have a couple
    of lines like:

    Name: nu/xom
    Sealed: true

    The XOM jar that I have (xom-1.0d8.jar) doesn't seal its
    packages. So, you need to find the jar which is sealing the
    nu.xom package and stop it doing so. (Or work out your xom
    dependencies)

I'm guessing its xercesImpl jar? Having removed it the error 'went'.
I also got a clue, just import nu.xom.*; rather than individual ones?
 Unsure which  one cleared the error,
but its OK now.

  What the heck do I do if I want xom to validate?

regard sDaveP

--
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.