tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carl Olivier <c...@zero-one.co.za>
Subject keystore manipulation
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:29:55 GMT
Greetings.

I think I asked a similar question on this list a while ago - but did not
get a response - so here goes one last time.

I am importing/generating new certificates into the keystore that is set as
the truststore for the JVM that runs Tomcat - via the
javax.net.ssl.trustStore System property.

On first load (when I initial a URL load of a HTTPS URI) all is fine.  At
this point it seems that the JVM caches the certificates stored in the
specified (javax.net.ssl.trustStore) keystore.  If, after the first access
of the truststore, I import a certificate to the trustore, it is not picked
up until a RESTART the JVM.

This is problematic as I do NOT want to have to restart the JVM just to read
a certificate!  Does anyone know how I would refresh the certificate list
from the keystore referenced by the SystemProperty: javax.net.ssl.trustStore

I would appreciate any pointers!

Thanks in advance.

Carl