tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: Strange Authentication Behavior
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:12:15 GMT
Peter Neu wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> does anyone know what I means when I get this error message:
>
> The requested resource (/favicon.ico) is not available.
>
> when I try to log in via form authentication. This error occurs
> when I use Firefox.

/favicon.ico is a semi-supported feature, introduced by IE5, if I'm not
mistaken, but now dropped by IE6. It allows a web designer to associate
an icon with the web site. This icon usually apperas in your location
par of the browser, usually on the left of the URL.

I don't think it has anything to do with FORM authentication.

Nix.