tomcat-users mailing list archives

From bEn Fries <>
Subject Re: Problems with datasource/DB Connection
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:54:19 GMT

My tomcat version is "Apache Tomcat/5.0.28",  I haven't put any drivers
in to tomcat/common/lib as I used a tomcat ready WAMP installation  and
as I had a look into the directory there were no file that would remind
me of databases in general or mysql.

So I searched the internet a bit and found mysql connector. Now I
Connector/J 3.0 from the mysql website and added the jar files I found
in the file
(jdbc2_0-stdext.jar, jta-spec1_0_1.jar ) into tomcat/common/lib

Was this what you meant with drivers or did I miss sth else?

The error didn't change still

DB connection was not aquired.
(Cannot load JDBC driver class '')

Thank you very much  for your help!

Allistair Crossley schrieb:

>Can you supply Tomcat version. Also, have you put your mySQL drivers JAR into tomcat/common/lib?
>Cheers, Allistair

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message