tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: JK/JK2 connector className?
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:20:29 GMT
Thomas Charles Robinson wrote:

>     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
>     <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
>        port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
>        enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
>        acceptCount="10" debug="100" connectionTimeout="0"
>        useURIValidationHack="false"
>        protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
>
> It says in the comment that it is a 'Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector' but
> can I use this with a JK connector? Actually, is the
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector compatible with JK? Also, will
> the org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler provide the correct connection
> to apache (2.0.50) running mod_jk (1.2.5)? I am trying to comprehend the
> docs but not having much success/fun with them.
>
> Can someone further my enlightenment, please?

Heh, the AJP 1.3 channel consists of two ends, Tomcat end and Web Server
end. The Web Server end is your mod_jk/mod_jk2 (and soon to be,
mod_proxy_ajp), while the Tomcat end is the Coyote connector.

So, whatever Apache module you use, be it JK1 or JK2, you will use the
same connector class on the Tomcat side. It is not JK1/2 specific.

Nix.