tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tonis <tv...@hot.ee>
Subject Jasper SMAP and JSP<->Java line info
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:59:01 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to use jasper for converting jsp-s to java to run some java
seach on jsp. For that I need exact java element position in JSP(line
nr, column number). In
some old jasper version there was JspLineMap and JspLineMapItem classes
and I could get linemap for jsp from ServletWriter. Seems tha it was
removed later and currently(in Tomcat 5 jasper) there is SMAP generator.
I haven't digged into it deeply but I read that SMAP doesn't contain
enough info for doing such exact java elements mapping anymore, is it
right? If so is there another way to do line mapping with jasper?

great thanks

Tonis