tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: Installing a webmail client such as squirrelmail (PHP) on tomcat?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:51:09 GMT
David Lee wrote:

> You mean phpservlet to read the php app config file or php files and
> then phpservlet to serve the php page?

When you build (configure) php with --with-java=$JAVA_HOME (I think,
it was a while ago I built this), you get a 'phpservlet.jar' created.
Put that in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, add something like this to
your catalina.sh startup script:

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/php/lib/php/libphp4.so"

:: and you're set. Oh, yeah, need to add mappings to your web.xml.

> Your calendar app were written using PHP?

It's "phpicalendar" (I'm not the author). As I said, php does seem
to work fine, but I have had it crash. The machine I was using to
test with was woefully underpowered and under-memoried, though. I'll
have to try it on something more robust and see what happens.

HTH!

                           dream.  code.