tomcat-users mailing list archives

From V D <st946...@drexel.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5.4 Stability
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:20:20 GMT

I just test this at home.  I change all settings to use Tomcat 5.5.4,
Axis 1.2.  The result is a big surprise.

Right now, I hit the server with 2 clients, each has 150 connections.
There is no error so far.

This machine is faster than the one at work, and also has double the
amount of RAM.

If things going this way, it'll be great.

I also notice that there is no networking load (it all go within the
machine).  I wonder how well it does if it go across the network After
running with 200 connections, I got out of memory error on the server.
I give it max of 512M.  I also increase the maxThread to 400. Without
these, it could handle up to 200 concurrent connections.

This is really good.